We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Education Program Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your program management skills for the common good by helping deliver stellar learning experiences? Do you enjoy weaving strategy and execution together to deliver outcomes that exceed expectations? Do you have a knack for juggling priorities, balancing budgets and managing relationships?
Code for Canada is looking for an Education Program Manager. In past roles, you may have been a program or project manager, educational administrator, event planner, trainer/instructor or facilitator.
- This is ideally a permanent full-time role (but we are open to part-time or more flexible arrangements).
- The salary is $60,000/year.
- Code for Canada’s offices are in Toronto but we are open to considering candidates across Canada.
- We are looking to fill this role ASAP. We’ll be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected.
About Code for Canada
Code for Canada is a national nonprofit with a mission to build digital capacity in government, and build civic capacity in the tech and design community.
Our programs support governments to deliver better digital public services, and empower communities to address civic challenges using technology and design.
Code for Canada’s flagship fellowship program embeds digital experts into government teams for 10 months to deliver a new digital service for residents, and to support their public sector colleagues to build their experience in using tools and processes of digital government.
About Code for Canada’s Education Program
Our Education program offers learning experiences to support our mission of building digital capacity in government, and civic capacity in the tech and design community. It includes workshops, coaching, events and experimental formats. Learning opportunities are delivered directly as well as through our fellowship program, Civic Hall Toronto, and academic partners.
We offer learning experiences that are accessible, actionable and affordable, tailored to the needs and context of public servants and the civic tech community.
Program design and evaluation (30%)
- Reviewing, evaluating and adjusting program activities, offerings, strategy, and results on a regular basis to ensure program activities are aligned with program vision
- Using environmental scans, user research, and other analytical activities to identify and respond to relevant opportunities
- Conceptualizing, testing and implementing improvements to program strategy and delivery
Program management (40%)
- Managing logistical aspects of program delivery, including schedules, locations, and materials, as well as communication with clients, instructors and participants
- Overseeing the development, documentation and maintenance of program content and assets such as course materials and videos
- Coordinating administrative, operational and financial aspects of program delivery, such as invoicing, contracting and budgeting
Engagement and relationship management (30%)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, notably public servants, instructors and other Code for Canada teams
- Implementing, monitoring, and evaluating engagement plans for key audiences such as alumni and clients
- Negotiating and maintaining agreements and contracts with clients and instructors
- We have a preference for this being a full-time role, but are open to part-time or flexible arrangements, depending on a candidate’s skills, experience, and interests
- $60,000 annual salary
- Extended health benefits offered to full-time employees
- You must be eligible to work in Canada
- We will ask shortlisted candidates for references
- Code for Canada’s offices are in Toronto but we are open to considering candidates across Canada
- We are looking to fill this role ASAP. Applications will be reviewed as received until an applicant is selected.
- Code for Canada values an environment that is not only free from discrimination, but that is also proactively inclusive. We encourage individuals from under-represented groups to apply.
Professionally, you have
- A proven ability to manage programs or projects that exceed expectations, in training, adult education, professional development or another role in which you helped teams close their skills gaps.
- Experience in project or program planning, budgeting, logistics, coordination and evaluation
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and relationship management skills with a high degree of tact, judgment and diplomacy
- An awareness of and interest in digital government and civic tech
- The ability to operate effectively in contexts with complexity, uncertainty and competing prioritie
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend workshops, courses or retreats
- Bonus points for experience with: contract negotiation, community management or alumni engagement, user research, facilitation, education administration, event planning, and if you have a professional fluency in French.
Personally, you are
- Confident balancing competing priorities and handling ambiguity
- A proactive and resourceful teammate
- Motivated to contribute to Code for Canada’s purpose, vision and principles
- An excellent communicator and negotiator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, comfortable in both collaborative and autonomous contexts
- Able to work effectively with people of varied professional and personal backgrounds
- Familiar with and interested in digital government and civic tech
- Comfortable taking initiative as well as giving and receiving feedback
At Code for Canada, we
- Have a strong culture of trust, openness, transparency and collaboration
- Come from many different cultural and professional backgrounds
- Are serious about working in the public interest: we measure our impact, and constantly learn and adjust accordingly
- Value feedback and learn from our mistakes
- Reflect and prioritize regularly as a team
- Support one another’s growth and development
How to apply
Thank you for your interest, but this job posting has closed. If you’d like to get involved with Code for Canada, here’s how.
We’re leading a nationwide movement, and we want you to be part of it.
Join our mailing list to get the latest news and updates from Code for Canada!