Thank you for your interest, but this posting has closed.
Posting closes December 9, 2019
Are you passionate about making technology work better for everyone?
Are you excited about helping governments deliver modern services that better meet residents’ needs?
Are you driven by supporting your colleagues and giving them the tools they need to succeed?
Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working in a team?
Code for Canada is a national civic tech nonprofit. Founded in 2017 based on inspiration from Code for America and Code for Australia, Code for Canada works to connect government innovators with the tech and design communities to harness the power of digital. We run programs at national and local scales, including the fellowship, civic tech community network, GRIT Toronto, and Civic Hall Toronto.
We’re hiring a new Operations Coordinator, to ensure our small (but mighty) organization is working efficiently, and that our team has the systems and tools they need to succeed.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Toronto. The starting salary is $45,000/year, and we offer a full range of health benefits for staff.
You’ll be part of the operations team, making sure that Code for Canada’s ship is sailing smoothly. You’ll report to the Managing Director, but you’ll work closely with everyone on our team. This is an emerging role at Code for Canada, and the right person will influence its shape and grow with it.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a voracious learner
- Be capable of juggling a lot of balls, and not afraid to learn from the times they fall
- Have an extraordinary attention to detail
- Be adaptable, open-minded, and committed to our team’s success
- Work with the Managing Director to maintain and improve HR and finance processes
- Take the lead with guiding staff and fellows through bookkeeping/HR processes
- Lead quarterly iterations of our staff handbook, policies, and guides
- Lead onboarding and offboarding staff
- Work with the Managing Director to ensure our information management policies are up to date, and in practice
- Help ensure consistent and efficient use of team Google drives
- Facilitate and document weekly staff meetings
- Support Code for Canada fellows throughout the federal security clearance process
- Act as a liaison between the Managing Director and our bookkeeping team, insurance providers, and other relevant vendors
- Ensure the office is appropriately appointed and maintained
- Work with Managing Director and team to optimize our new(ish) office space
Find our vision and principles here
- We are a startup nonprofit: small, agile, and pushing relentlessly to make an impact
- We ask for and share feedback often
- We work both independently and collaboratively, as circumstances require
- We juggle several projects at once
- We value openness, iteration, grit and empathy
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Monday, December 9 at 5 p.m. EDT
- The start date is ASAP.
- This position will be full time: 37.5 hours/week
- The successful candidate will receive an annual salary of $45,000 with paid vacation time and full benefits
- Fluency in French is not required, but it is an asset
- Code for Canada values an environment that is not only free from discrimination, but that is also proactively inclusive. We encourage individuals from under-represented groups to apply.
- Code for Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
To apply, please submit a current resume to email@example.com. You can skip a cover letter, but please do briefly answer the following questions (max one page):
- What draws you to Code for Canada?
- What draws you to operations work?
- What else would you like us to know about you?
We’ll do our best to respond to everyone, but we can only guarantee responses to shortlisted candidates
We’re leading a nationwide movement, and we want you to be part of it.
Join our mailing list to get the latest news and updates from Code for Canada!